May 23, 2014

An Argument in Silence

M: I can't help it you know. (looks down)

W: I know it's not your fault, but you have to at least try. For us. You have to make it work.

M: But I was born this way. It's the only way I can survive, be happy... 

E: You think you're happy? That we are happy?

M: You have no say in this. You screw everything up. (glares at E in righteous indignation)

E: Oh my, my.. aren't we superior? Tell me, the last time we had this debate, who won? 

M: THAT WAS DIFFERENT! You... you tricked me! 

E: All's fair in love and war dear.. A concept you should clearly wrap your head around.

W: I think you shouldn't be a part of this E. If you can't help, please leave us to it.

E: Hey, I did try to help, remember? Before, I gave him every opportunity to be his own man.

M: Stop talking to me like I'm a child. Only he (points to W) gets to do that! You don't, you bastard!

E: Oh yeah? Boy, I have had you wrapped around my fingers for ages now. And you still think you're free?

W: Stop it you two! There are bigger things at stake here... (points to the clock) Time is not on our side.

M: And who's fault is that? (looks at E in anger) It was him, he burned that bridge.

E: Oh please, get a grip. All I did was what I was supposed to do, it was you who went 'off script'!

M: I did what I had to do too.. for the larger good! For us as a whole..

E: That's what you're going with? You did it for us? Please.. you did it for YOU!

W: Guys, we still can salvage the situation. All we need is to come to an agreement now.

M: You seriosuly expect me to work with him? (points at E)

W: Yes! I do. We are a team, we always have been, but we let one another carry the burden too often.

E: I always played my part to perfection. 

W: It's not about one of striving for perfection, it's about trying to help each other through with it.

M: But we're all too strong willed to let that happen. Soon enough one of us will go rogue as usual...

W: Then we take precautions. We each keep the other in check and step in when needed.

E: You think that'll work? I mean, it sounds nice and all but.. 

W: We make it work. We have to. (looks at the clock). For example... (looks at M)

M: What?

W: You have a say in how it runs. You do, I've seen you do it before.

M: I don't know. It just happens sometimes. It's not on purpose. I swear.

W: Then make it happen on purpose. Practice. I have faith in you.. (turns to E)

E: Okay then.. let's hear it. What's my role in this little play?

W: You will tone it down.. Don't get upset. All I'm saying is whenever you feel too excited, come to us..

E: And you will do what? Pray tell.. (mockingly) You know I'm too strong for you to take me down..

M: I bet we can, if we tried.. (smiles and clutches his fists in anticipation)

W: Nobody is taking anybody down! (looks at E) We will simply talk you back to normal. Okay?

E: Hey, if you think you can, go for it.. (smiles) but I must warn you, I can be pretty persuasive..

M: So can I.

W: Let's stop right here. Let's not take it too far. For now. This is a war, and there will be many battles.

E: I always like a war.

M: I'm game too. I'm quite the strategist. 

E: Oh really? You keep with your strategies and I'll show you what a soldier does.. (grins)

W: Enough! Enough already... (sighs)


In the above conversation, M is the 'mind', E is the 'emotion' and W is the 'will'. Just a random idea that was playing in my head.. or an argument that I penned down when it got too annoying. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment